Thursday, April 25, 2013

chrysalis

So, when the kids came to school yesterday, we had 2 caterpillars hanging upside down in their "J" shape, and sometime during school, another one hung there, so we had 3.
I meant to take a picture of them last night, but I guess all the kids did see them so it's ok. I watched them all day for any changes and didn't see anything. Then this morning we woke up to this!
 The 3 caterpillars are now in a chrysalis! Not sure the plural of chrysalis...3 chrysalises or 3 chrysali? Anyway, here they are. A 4th caterpillar is hanging upside down too. The 5th is still wandering and eating. I was glad the 4th one finally started hanging, cuz he spent yesterday crawling around the top bugging the other guys and they kept snapping at him all day.

We'll give these guys a few days to harden, then I can transfer them to the butterfly habitat to be ready to hatch open!

No comments:

Post a Comment