Saturday, May 4, 2013

Butterflies!!!

The instructions said 7-10 days, so I've been anxiously waiting since Thursday to see if they'd hatch, and I even started to get a little nervous that they might not hatch. Then, this morning, they had finally changed! 3 of them had turned dark. When I looked closer, I could see the butterfly wings through the chrysalis, so it had changed to clear. I was going to try to get a picture, then got busy with my day. I had checked on them before going downstairs to prep preschool for Monday and no change. About 15 minutes later, my bro in law who was here, noticed a butterfly at the top! We all came running in to see our first butterfly.






We all decided to watch closely for the other 3 and call to each other at any sign of movement so we could watch them hatch. I ate lunch where I could see them, and as I was cleaning up dishes, the kids were watching them. I walk in to see 2 butterflies! We somehow missed it hatching too!

So we tried to watch for number 3, but finally had to move on with our day, and when we came back in after yard work, we had 3 butterflies.


 

We gave them some oranges, but they didn't touch them, so I added flowers with sugar water and they immediately flew down to them to eat.
Your kids are going to love them! It's so fun to watch them fly, watch them eat, and just see them up close.


No comments:

Post a Comment