Thursday, September 20, 2012

All about me and families!

We wrapped up a great All About Me week yesterday by sharing our stars with each other. I'm thrilled your kids enjoyed their "homework" and they really enjoyed hearing me read them out loud. Preschoolers sure love to talk about, and hear about, themselves!
They are really blossoming and coming out of their shells so quickly. After the first day, when I got a lot of blank stares during singing and story time, I was a little worried about some of the large group activities I had planned and thought maybe we needed to make things a bit simpler. But, I think they're ready for more! They've gotten over their initial shyness, and are already catching onto our daily routine and schedule. They've done much better in large group time, and enjoy singing, dancing, and hearing stories. I can already see huge growth, and it's only been 3 weeks of preschool!
Next week is family week, so remember to send pictures with your child to show off. They sure loved showing off their pictures of themselves and their stars, so I'm excited to see them show off their families!
I'm spending today getting October planned and you'll be getting calendars next week, so watch for those in your child's backpack!

No comments:

Post a Comment