Monday, September 17, 2012

All About Me!

Today we celebrated ourselves, and kids love talking about themselves! We read a book called I am Confident and talked about all the great things we can do, that make us feel confident and proud about ourselves. They even each took a turn to stand in front of the class and share something they can do that makes them proud. We all clapped (they loved that) and then drew those great things we can do in our journals.
There are so many ways we can build our children's confidence, by praising them and pointing out the wonderful things they do each day. I know the phrase, I can do it myself, gets old, but this is a great age of independence and celebrating with your child the things they can do, all by themselves.
We're big Sesame Street fans at our house, mostly because I passed on my love for it to my daughter. This song has been on my mind this week and wanted to play it today, but we ran out of time. Hopefully Wednesday. You can share it with your child at home too and share what makes them who they are! Here's a link for other great ideas on building self confidence in your child.



Check it out on sesamestreet.org for many more encouraging videos of fun songs, and kids talking about all the things they can do by themselves. I look forward to celebrating your child's accomplishments all year!

No comments:

Post a Comment