Thursday, May 11, 2017

Chrysalides!

This morning, we woke up to 3 hanging caterpillars, and one guy chillin on top.

One of them is hanging by one of its silk threads, instead of the lid. I'm worried he's going to fall, but I hope he hangs on! He's on the left.



Right before we went outside, we checked on them and they were all the same. We went outside to play and release our ladybugs, and one of the kids came in and saw that we already had a chrysalis! So we all got to check it out when we came back inside.

My small group sat by the caterpillars as we worked on our caterpillar necklaces, and the one on top kept going in circles and driving the other ones crazy! They'd reach up and shake a lot whenever he came by. They loved watching.

After school I checked on them, and one of the caterpillars was pretty wiggly. I set up my phone next to it on time lapse and went upstairs to feed my kids lunch. When I came back down, it was a chrysalis too! My phone had stopped recording and said the storage was full, so I wasn't sure if it'd captured anything. Luckily, the video worked and ends right after the chrysalis is formed!


No comments:

Post a Comment