Saturday, April 26, 2014

Friday/Saturday

3 chrysallides and one more ready to go!

As for our ladybugs, I'm still unsure how they're doing. A bunch of them look like the first one who I thought made a pupa, but when we checked today, one is in a yellow case! I kinda panicked thinking that was the only one who made a pupa, and that the rest died. I'm not really sure what they're supposed to look like. The little model one we have is dark, but the pictures in our book and on our life cycle poster show a light one like the yellow one we have.





The weirdest part about the yellow one, as you hopefully can see, is that it moves! We sat watching it, fascinated, and it moves up and down. It's kinda weird.
So I'm honestly still not sure the state of our ladybugs, but I got on Insect Lore's website (who I bought them from) and their video shows them in dark pupas like most of ours are in. So, maybe the yellow one is the weird one? Who knows? I can't wait to keep watching and seeing what else happens. And if it all fails, I am guaranteed 5 ladybugs and get a new shipment for free if that doesn't happen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment