Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Next step in the life cycle...

I came downstairs this morning to all 4 caterpillars on the lid. Within about an hour, two had come back down to eat, and one was upside down in this cool J shape. The other one up there was upside down by the afternoon! We may have a chrysallis or two for school in the morning!





As for the ladybugs, they're still growing. I've never watched them change before so I'm not sure, but I think one of them is getting ready to change into a pupa! He's stuck here on the wall and his legs are curled in a bit. To be honest, I was kinda worried he died, but since he's still stuck there with his legs curled in, I'm hoping he's getting ready for his big change! Hope you can see it with the pics. It's hard to get my camera to focus on these little guys.



1 comment:

  1. Addie was so excited to come home and check out the pictures today. We'll be looking for updates over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete